We are seeking highly motivated postgraduate students with research interest in electrochemical materials and systems broadly. Please get in touch with your cover letter, CV and (unofficial) transcripts to initiate a conversation about the opportunities in our group.
All applications should be submitted through the University's system, please refer to the following pages for more information, including application process, admission criteria, and requirement of English language proficiency.
Note: Applications are open all year round. Processing times for research applications depend on many factors and, therefore, can vary. Applicants are advised to apply well in advance to allow for a timely application outcome and meet scholarship deadlines. Generally speaking, adding time for visa application, it is best to have your scholarship application completed and submitted 6 months before you plan to commence your study.
1. For domestic students (Australian citizen or PR), your tuition fees are covered by government grants. If you have an undergraduate degree with the first class honours or a master degree with a good grade, you can apply for Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship to cover your living costs (AUD$35,000 per year for up to 3.5 years).
2. For international students, you can apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (International) to cover your living costs (AUD$35,000 per year for up to 3.5 years). Please be noted that the scholarship is very competitive. Excellent GPA and graduation from a top university are expected for a successful applicant. Publications in SCI journals as the first-author give some benefit for the application.
3. For those who would like to apply for the China Scholarship Council (CSC) Postgraduate Research Scholarship, I'm pleased to support your application. Please be noted that the University does not automatically waive tuition fees for CSC applicants. Therefore, the applicant needs to (a) apply for PhD admission and (b) apply for the tuition waiver scholarship from the University (the close date is usually 15th January) prior to the submission of an application to the CSC (applications usually open in March). Please refer to the CSC website for precise and up-to-date information.
The group also takes self-financed master and PhD students. Should you be interested in this option, please contact Dr. Li to initiate a discussion.
We encourage Fellowship and Postdoctoral Scholar applications to external funding bodies from suitable candidates with a strong track record and relevant scientific background. Time is critical and therefore please get in touch early with a cover letter, CV, and indication of potential funding bodies.
Some potential funding opportunities:
• China Scholarship Council (CSC) Visiting Scholar and Postdoctoral Programme (limited to applicants based in China)
• Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowships (Global Fellowships, limited to applicants based in the EU and associated countries)
• German Research Foundation Research Fellowships (limited to applicants based in Germany)
• Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships (limited to Canadian citizens or permanent residents)
• JSPS Overseas Research Fellowships (limited to applicants based in Japan)
We welcome highly motivated undergraduate students to join our lab. Please directly get in touch.
Get in touch
Thank you! I will be in touch with you shortly.